The Top 10 Albums of 2011 by @Murkk


New comer to the game by way of Milwaukee, Gerald Walker makes my top 10 for putting out such a quality consistent album. I mean when's the last time you heard Ginuwine and Timbaland on a track together that sounds good? Lots of the production is handled by Cardo and Sledgren, both part of crafting that Wiz Khalifa sound.



I know Smiley is going to give me shit for placing Big K.R.I.T.'s Return Of 4Eva at the number 9 spot, but it's quite deserving. From start to finish Krit's production, flow and lyrics are on point and the boy handles it all himself! The sound of this album is pretty much the same as his debut album K.R.I.T. was Here, which is why it's #9.



A sleeper for me I have to admit it, but after having Section.80 recommended to me by a twitter follower, I gave it another shot and it grew on me like shit. Kendrick Lamar is very creative when it comes to his music, nothings typical on this album.



When I think of Electronic music, Dipset doesn't jump to the top of the list. Well, it didn't until their star producer Araabmuzik dropped Electronic Dream, which sounds nothing like The Diplomats sound. Araabmuzik is a straight up nightmare on the MPC and he delivers the goods with Electronic Dream.



So Kush & OJ was getting old and I was craving some new Wiz, and then he dropped Cabin Fever and the world was right again. Wiz is doing what he does best, hopping on dope party tracks that play very well in the whip and the club.



The hype for this one was well, you know…  Jay and Yay's Watch the Throne lived up to the hype though by taking some musical risks in the hip-hop genre. Dope cuts like Ni**as in Paris and Murder to Excellence and Lift Off and No Church in the Wild and New Day and The Joy and…. well you can see why it's #5.



Where the fuck did this pretty muthafucka from Harlem come from and how in the hell did he get a $3 million deal with a major label? He dropped the Purple Swag video, then the Peso video, both represent young Rocky and his ASAP crew to the T, and he followed those up with LiveLoveA$AP his free debut album that should not have been free imo. But fuck it I aint mad. Get high and take and ride to A$AP. 



Yes, Drake's Take Care is #3. Sue me and fuck you, it's a dope album. Damn near every track is solid and with concepts like Crew Love, Buried Alive, Cameras and HYFR, you have to give credit when it's due. And even if you don't, all you're going to hear for the next year are cuts from this album soooo, you'll like it eventually. Did I say fuck u?



How do you describe The Weeknd? By adding a muthafucking after the the, that's how. His drugged out rhythm & blues is right up my alley. A lot of his songs usually involve sipping lean and/or popping pills and him singing bout sexing you without sounding cliche and raunchy. Shit is dope music. <---- see the cliche there? The Weeknd don't do that.



I been screaming it since the night it dropped and I stayed up and listened to nothing but Curren$y's Covert Coup until the next morning, The Coup is the best release this year. Curren$y and Alchemist put together such a cohesive rap album that I don't even want them to attempt to make a sequel. Let the greatness that is Covert Coup live on in the Jet's Hall of Fame, surrounded by bad yellow bitches rolling my nigga Spitta his weed for this one.

1 comment:

  1. u forgot alot of shit fuck da throne n krit #9 wtf

    ReplyDelete